The application tool is now open!
Important Note: The application procedure takes place via an online application tool administered by the Munich Graduate School of Economics.
We accept applications until March 1 (first deadline) and March 31 (final deadline)!
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation: Please provide a statement explaining your current goals, career plans and reasons for being interested in the graduate program in Evidence Based Economics. Discuss your study plans and your fields of interest. Your statement should be in English and not exceed 500 words.
- Two letters of recommendation. These letters must have an official letter head from the university and be signed by the referee personally. In order to guarantee confidentiality, the referees have to upload their recommendations as a pdf file into our application system.
- Certificate of secondary education (e.g. German Abitur, if avilable)
- Bachelor's diploma and transcript of records
- Master's diploma and transcript of records (if you have not yet finished your current degree, please attach a preliminary grade report). Students who possess a master's degree in a field closely related to economics are also welcome to apply. This includes graduates holding a degree from fields such as statistics, mathematics, physics, or other fields with a solid education in quantitative methods. In these cases, any missing graduate-level training will be specified in an individual supervision agreement, with suitable courses to be chosen from the Department's Economics Master Program. As a general rule, these courses have to be passed within the first six months of the program.
- GRE test scores: Every applicant is required to submit a GRE test result. In general, we expect applicants to score in the quantitative part of the GRE at or above the 80th percentile. In the past, the typical successful candidate scored around or above the 90th percentile.
We require all applicants to send their score report directly to the EBE program via the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The ETS code number is 1883. In exceptional cases we may accept a scanned version of your GRE score report. Screenshots of your GRE results will not be accepted.
- Proof of sufficient command of English via a copy of a valid TOEFL or IELTS certificate (unless you are a native speaker of English, you have studied at least six months at an English-speaking school or university or you can prove your proficiency in another way).